Feel free to contact us
Do You Have Any Questions?
Please read questions bellow and if you can not find your answer, please send us your question, we will answer you as soon as possible.
Frequently asked questions
The event of travelling to foreign countries for obtaining medical treatment is medical tourism. Earlier many people use to travel to some selected western countries to have better access to quality treatments. But today this has changed a lot as there is excellent scope to get quality treatments in many developing countries. What inspires people to choose such countries can range from unavailability of certain medical services in their own countries to extremely high cost of a treatment in their own lands. All kinds of healthcare options today are available in many countries like convalescent care, fertility problems, alternative medicine, psychiatry and many more at a highly affordable rate.
Medical tourists are people who travel from one country to another to seek quality treatments. They can be of two types: – elective medical tourists who travel not for any medical emergency and there are tourists who travel for major surgeries which are better priced in other countries. Among them we have people who travel for the following reasons:
- People who are living as expatriates in different countries and are recommended in various medical tourism destinations by their employers to get both quality treatments and save money.
- Those who travel back to their own countries which are different from their place of work to get treatments done which allows them to spend time with their family.
- For many surgeries, travel enthusiasts choose to fly to destinations like India and Thailand where they get to club their holidays, usually such tourists fly for elective surgeries.
- Carry all your medical record documents along with you even if you have shared it earlier. Take a list of medications even if it is for a minor allergy.
- Also be sure of the legal actions that you may take if something goes wrong, so educate yourself a bit on that and carry the documents pertinent for the country. If you have these documents it will be easy for insurance companies to help you and substantiate your claim in case of breach of agreement.
- Carry all your insurance related documents, test reports and mail all these things to yourself over email
- Carry the agreement document of the hospital which is ready to operate you.
- Carry all the visa related documents when you are travelling abroad.
It is not necessary to work with a medical tourism service agency. You can reach out to an overseas hospital directly and get your appointment and plan your bookings and stay in the country all by yourself. However, there are several advantages of working with a medical tourism agency as they manage everything for you and help you make right decisions. Some of the benefits of working with a medical tourism service agencies are:
- All their affiliate hospitals are personally inspected by them on parameters like infrastructure, facilities, doctors and others to ensure that patients referred by them only get best experience
- Medical tourism agencies can help you secure some discounts on your treatment cost as they have business relationships with the hospitals and provide them business in bulk
- They have tie-ups with hotels, interpreters/translators, cab service providers etc so they can organize all this for you at good rates.
- Being locals they tell you about do’s and don’ts for the country so that you do not get into an unpleasant situation.
- They will have a list of past patient contacts with whom you can be connected so that you may hear a firsthand experience story in terms of the procedure they have undergone, the country, the hospital, the doctor and even the place of accommodation.
- They become your trusted single point of contact in case of any query or doubt.
Indian healthcare industry has come a very long way and is now spearheaded by some of the highly qualified surgeons, doctors and experienced medical practitioners around the world. Some of the reasons why you should consider them are.
- The hospitals have accreditations from JCI (Joint Commission International), QHA Trent, Accreditation Canada and so on to testify their quality norms and safety standards.
- The hospitals work in a way to ensure maximum safety and comforts for patients with least chances of contracting infection.
- The cultural emphasis on education in these countries has allowed an ambiance where most of the physicians have managed to acquire skills and knowledge in super specialties in various fields.
- The hospitals in our networks in these countries have multi specialty facilities
- India also have a rich history of various other alternative and holistic treatment options like Meditation, Ayurveda, Naturopathic medicine, Yoga and Allopathic treatments which are complete by itself.
- In a country like India it is very easy to communicate since most of the people speak fluent English and you may not need a translator to accompany you everywhere, so you can save your cost out there.
- The country has historical attractions like Taj Mahal, the sun kissed beaches of Goa and Kerala, heritage land Rajasthan or the cool and chilling Himalayas where you can hike
- Again at the same time the Thai Spa and beauty treatments are something for which people fly from various countries, so you can enjoy the pristine beaches after you are operated and have a great time.
- In countries like Mexico or South Korea you can have a time of your life experiencing their fabulous cuisine and the picture perfect frame snaps that are worth framing. Their culture is something which can be described as unparalleled.
Quick contact form
Plugin "Contact Form 7" not installed or activated